Saturday, November 3, 2007

Halloween & Fall Stuff

These were just some fun fall pictures we took the other day when Willem and I went to pick Kip up from school. This is on UT campus. There are some very pretty areas, especially this one, at Circle Park. I just love the colors!



I don't know if Willem was amazed by the leaf or just trying to figure out what the devil it was. He sees them everywhere, all the time, but sometimes he acts as though he has never seen one before.

Willem loves his bear pack!




Well, lets see what I can remember about what has happened the past while...


Halloween was fun. We had some issues with Willem's original costume which fit him a lot better, but that's okay. The cow turned out to be much cuter, even with it being a little big. I think if we had had more time before the party, we would have stuffed him up real well and made him a fat cow. He didn't like the "head" on so that is why most of our pictures it is hanging and not on his head.

The Saturday before Halloween we had our Branch Halloween Party... lots of finger foods, games, children running & screaming who were hyped up on sugar already = chaos. It was fun though. Willem just ran around with Kip or I following after him. He had fun. Kip and I dressed up as farmers for our Branch Party since Willem was a cow. We (as a family) actually won the prize "The Overall Best Costumes." That was awesome! Kip & I talked about it right then and there and we decided that we simply could not slaughter our cow, now that he was a "Prize Cow." So we announced it to everyone, they clapped, and we were, and still are, a
happy family of 3.


Halloween night we didn't want to take Willem trick-or-treating. We figured that considering we are still trying to teach him how to say things like "mama" and I don't know... anything else, we figured he was young enough to not go get tons of candy. We did stop by a city thing that was put on and walked around in the crowds and let him get a couple candies & cheap little toys. haha... he's 14 months old, it won't matter! :P Then we called it good and tried to escape the mobs... well, okay, the crowds of people and kids. Overall, it was a fun time and Kip & I only had a few pieces of candy to tempt us when we got home.

This was the only game Willem could really do on his own. He loved it and was so good and putting the bean bags in the holes. haha.. It was cute.
Trying to get Willem to conquer his fear of vacuums. He liked this one for the most part but was very nervous and tense as he sat on it. He had a death grip on Kip's finger. He still is terrified of our vacuum at home.



Willem as a cow... He is/was teething. We had a hard time getting things out of his mouth. He was either gnawing on his finger or a pencil, etc.
Willem eating.

Us trying to get Willem to look.

The farmers & the Cow.

4 comments:

brittanyandtravis said...

I loved the costumes!

Heather Bell said...

Wow! Willem has gotten so big! What a cutie. Congrats on winning for your costumes. You belong in the painting of the farmer and his wife. We miss you guys!

suzanne said...

Willem looks so old. Sorry, I guess it just hits me everytime I see pictures of him. I guess who has just made the official transition from baby to toddler

Kristen said...

You guys are SO cute!!!!