Friday, February 15, 2008

aNiMaLs!!

I had some pictures that I just had to post! Sorry if I put too many up, but here they are. Willem the mechanic. He got a tool set for Christmas and just loves "fixing" things. He likes to push over his car and work on it.
Willem loves to help. He throws things away (including his diapers), carries in groceries, puts them away, picks up his toys, picks up clothes, and helps vacuum too. This is how Willem helps us vacuum. He doesn't like to stand up and push or pull from behind. He has to push it like in the picture above. It makes things extremely difficult but we deal with it- he's learning to work.
Crazy long hair again.
Soft letters on his arm and colorful necklaces= happy
Willem absolutely adores animals... of all kinds. These three riding with him are his favorite of his stuffed animals. Mr. Duck and Mr. Puppy are a must for going to sleep. He has to have those two, but he likes to bring his animals out after when he wakes up too.
He usually wakes up from his nap (or in the morning) and eats. One time he wanted to bring his animals (only Mr.Duck & Mr. Puppy) out of his bed with him so when I put him in his chair I set them on the seat next to him. Well, now his numbers have increased and ever since that day he always sets his animals on the chair next to him while he eats. This was an emergency situation we had this week. Mr.Puppy had an accident and I had to wash him by hand and get him dry before Willem woke up from his nap and noticed that he was gone. Mr. Puppy relaxed in front of the fan here, and then I moved him & the fan into the sunlight. It worked! DeNae, Here's the onesie you gave Willem about a year or so ago. It finally fits him!! (he was way too skinny before)

I guess this isn't that great of a picture, but near the top under the red it lists the severe weather alerts for us last Wednesday. It says Severe Thunderstorm Warning, Tornado Watch, & Wind Advisory. It sure was a crazy morning and into the early afternoon. We were definitely blessed though. The closest tornadoes were 3 hours west of us. We counted our blessings and prayed for those who weren't as fortunate.

These are us outside our apartment in the little grass area (these are our windows to our apartment). (He was looking at bubbles.)

that's my son. :D kicking the soccer ball! woohoo!
What a stud!

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

How cute! I added you to my list, so let me know if you have any trouble accessing my blog.

brittanyandtravis said...

very cute pictures!

Walker Family said...

I can't believe how big and grown up he has gotten. i remeber some of the first sundays you brought him to church and he was holding his head up and just calmly looking around. He was a beautiful baby and he is an adorable little boy. We are doing so good and we hope the same for you!!

suzanne said...

Willem looks like he is a true boy at heart. He fixes cars and plays sports. Too cute. I was glad to hear that you guys weren't close to the tornados, that would be really scary.

Heather said...

He's so grown up! Last time I saw him with a soccer ball, it knocked him over. Good to see he's in control now. I'm so glad the weather missed you guys.

Andrea :) said...

He is so cute! I'm glad you were able to rescue Mr. Puppy before he woke up. What a sweet little boy. :)

Anonymous said...

so big! You guys loook great!!

Heather Bell said...

Wow, he has grown. He is starting to look more like a little boy! Hope your feet are feeling better.

Jonathan said...

I love seeing your updates Kim. But they make me want to have a little kid. Maybe if you put more of the not-so-cute picture I wouldn't feel that way so much. haha. I'm glad you guys are doing so well. Have a great week!